Ennerdale has been in the ownership of the Luckock family since 1934. The property was originally a part of Nerrin Nerrin station and was subdivided in 1864, consisting of 9,905 acres. 4,250 acres remain today after the compulsory sale of land for soldier settlement post World War 2 and a family division following the death of Jean Luckock in 1990.
Today the property is run as a family operation by Chris Luckock and his children; Kate, Jane and James, without any permanent staff. Some casual and contract labour is utilised as required.
The sheep, cattle and horse enterprises are the main operations conducted on the property, with some cropping undertaken as a means of pasture improvement.
The aim is to keep all operations as simple as possible with minimal machinery, and the livestock must be easy care with low maintenance requirements. Time constraints do not warrant high maintenance individuals.
Sophie and Tom Gough are now the fourth generation of the family showing an interest in the property and livestock.